Hello. I’m Gordon Pender.
I am a business plan consultant, among other things. My business planning services include writing business plans for SMEs, especially business plans for raising venture capital; general help with business plans and business planning; and writing business proposals for other purposes.
My work has involved preparing business plans and financial models for SMEs, “due diligence” and similar investment reports for fund managers and governments, and similar work. I have been in business since 1985.
My plans have raised more than $20 million in capital – both equity and debt – for 15 businesses, including start-ups – plus a few plans that did not deliver.
I have worked with many good, quiet Australian entrepreneurs to build sound, sustainable businesses
Areas of expertise
- Raising risk capital including equity, loans and government grants
- Preparing comprehensive, professional Business Plans and Feasibility Studies
- Preparing ‘due diligence’ reports for fund managers and government authorities
- Financial model consulting and business management consulting assignments
I managed a portfolio of unlisted investments for Australian Ethical Investment Limited as their contract investment manager, and have undertaken due diligence and investment appraisals for fund managers and government authorities around Australia.
My 30 years as an independent consultant is backed by 20 years’ prior practical experience in production, QA, marketing, finance and business management. I work with some clients over many years. More than half my work is now repeat business.
Gordon Pender and Company has worked with some 95 clients on 130 assignments over 30 years to prepare practical business plans and to raise risk capital. The emerging Australian venture capital industry since the 1980s has not been kind to small enterprises seeking capital, particularly those in manufacturing and in regional Australia. I am proud of my success in assisting and raising capital for my clients in a difficult market, and providing professional advice to larger organisations.
I have gained a wealth of experience from working with some of Australia’s best entrepreneurs on practical projects to create new enterprises and new employment. I have a good understanding of how small businesses work, and how they should work.
I have small (A$100,000) investments in some good small businesses. I match them with my expertise in small business management including “hands-on” help with accounting, financial modelling, planning and control, system development, negotiations, drafting agreements etc.
- Lecturer to final year MBA and B.Bus students, University of Technology Sydney
- Enterprise Workshop: program adviser and lecturer (NSW and Tasmania); mentor to winning teams in the national final (1988) and NSW final (1988 and 1989)
- Strategic Plan for employment of disadvantaged people for Northside Enterprises
- Financial advisor to Newton’s Restaurant – a WorkVentures community project
- Strategic Planning for the Barker College Foundation and School Council
- Project Planning for Oasis Youth Care Centre for the Salvation Army
- Member of Management Committee and Treasurer – Stretch-a-Family Inc